Thursday, August 18, 2011

Jan Brady Hair

My hair has been growing pretty much since I chopped it all off when I was I was at uni and had it pretty short.  At the time I really liked my short hair, but decided that it was a ‘mum-cut’ the type of no fuss hair cuts that mum’s have coz they don’t have time to fuss over anything else and therefore started the process of growing it back out.  As it grew I couldn’t decided whether I liked it better long or short, but I figured that I should see it out and then before I knew it, I was getting married and needed to grow it for the wedding, so that the hairdresser would have some hope of making my super thin hair do something nice.

Anyway, the wedding has come and gone and with the help of the length, a hair piece and a million bobby pins (which took Dave and I 45mins to get out, much to Dave’s disgust) my hair looked pretty good, even if I say so myself.  But now it is super super long, longer than it’s ever been before I am pretty sure, I have noticed some new ‘hair behaviours’ that I don’t appreciate.

Apart from the malting, and getting stuck in everything, I have discovered I have ‘Jan Brady’ Hair.  What does that mean... well, if you cast your minds back to the episodes of The Brady Bunch, you may recall that when Jan walks, her whole body, but in particular her hair swings from side to side.  And now mine does too and I hate it.  Now, unlike Jan, my hair only swings when it is in a pony tail, but I still don’t like it.  I can’t stop it either, it’s not quite long enough to prop on my shoulder, but it’s too long not to notice.  I have tried changing the way I walk, and tucking it into scarves and things, but nothing seems to be able to control it... It just makes me look ridiculous.  Now, just so we are clear I am not just talking about a small moving in the breeze swing... my hair has soooo much movement it is out of control.  Sometimes it gets so much swing I can see the ends of my pony tail in my peripheral vision... my hair is out of control and I need help!

Luckily I am getting my haircut on Saturday... I am not quite sure how much I will cut off just yet, but I am hoping it will make a difference... although with less hair it might just be lighter and get even more swing... oh man this could be a disaster.   

No comments:

Post a Comment