Sunday, July 31, 2011

Preach it Sister

I talk a lot, to myself, to my friends, to clients, to Davo, to small groups of people and to large groups of people, in fact I will pretty much talk to anyone that will listen, actually take that last bit back… they don’t even have to be listening. 

Anyway, the reason I am telling you this is because tonight, my words, my thoughts and ramblings were given a stage, you see, at the corps at the moment we are having the young adults take it in turns to share the word, or in other words, to preach the sermon, and tonight was my turn. 

This is something that although I hate to admit it, I have been really nervous about, which is awkward because the main theme of my sermon was ‘Don’t Worry; Trust God’ so I literally had to practice what I was preaching.  I actually found the whole experience much more daunting then I thought I would, I guess I felt a bit of pressure to actually make sense as I rambled my way through the passage, to share something profound and helpful, to say something that wouldn’t leave people thinking, I can’t even remember what she was talking about. 

Anyway the deed is now done, so to speak, and it went pretty well, even if I say so myself.  But  I guess I shouldn’t really be surprised because I had put my trust in God, and just like always he was faithful… seriously faithful.  I know that the reason why it worked, the reason why it was ‘successful’ if I can say that, actually had nothing to do with me…. And everything to God’s faithfulness.  And I guess I wanted to write this down and record it just in case my ego, or pride changed my mind and started telling me it was me, and my strength… because it wasn’t… it was all the Big Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment